If you are visiting Newport Beach or even if you live here with kids and it’s a gloomy day, it’s always a pain to figure out what to do and how to keep them occupied. Especially since most of the year, it’s beautiful here – & so many activities are built on the outdoor lifestyle. Here are my top 5
- South Coast Plaza – Specifically, Parking by sears because it is the closest entrance to the kid’s stuff! Then lunch at Ruby’s is always a treat for the kids! I usually walk them to the carousel to ride the horses, and maybe grab a pet balloon. Sometimes if they are extra good we pop into the Disney store and grab a present. This is a good 3 hours that is wonderful to get out of the house or hotel.
2. Newport Beach library – I like the central location the best off of avocado street. It is really big and modern and super clean. Every day they have stuff for the kids in the morning – but even if you miss that, it’s a great outing to let them play in the kid’s area and read books. There are tons of tables, couches and kiddo chairs! For the little ones, they have games, blocks, puzzles etc.
3. Costco – Now before you laugh out loud… I am serious! My kids love coming here! They love riding the cart together and they love walking around trying all of the samples! Plus there is always something I need to buy so it’s a win-win for an indoor activity!
4. My Gym – They have monthly memberships or you can just pay for one class at “open gym” ! This place is so much fun for kids anywhere from . 6 months-10 years old. Check the website for the address and more details!
5. Once upon an Island – If you have a girl this is the cutest place i have ever seen! It is so magical and special and if you pop in during the week your little princess can get a full makeover for only $50.00 – Make sure you check the website or call ahead to make sure they don’t have a birthday party going on! website