The fair is known for the delicious fatty foods, carnival rides, farm animals, amazing concerts, and of course a crazy expensive day out with your kids! However if you go on the right day you might be able to save a load of cash and help give back to the community too! Here’s some discounts to keep in mind ..
1. Read & Ride
Bookworms ages 5-11 can read two books to earn three free carnival rides! Download the book report form. Completed book report forms can be redeemed for ride tickets at the Centennial Farm Information Booth during Fair hours. Tickets are valid July 13-Aug. 12, 2018, only. Official OC Fair Read & Ride Form must be used in order to participate in program.
2. Law Enforcement
Aug. 8-12 – Free admission to active-duty and professional staff of the police, sheriff, fire and emergency services departments Aug. 8-12. Issuing agency ID is required.
3. We Care Wednesday
From 12-3pm every Wednesday you can Donate for FREE admission to the OC Fair and one carnival ride per person. Valid noon to 3 p.m. Each week they are asking for different items! They need books, school supplies, canned food etc. Make sure you check the website to see what to bring on the Wednesday you want to go!
You can actually wear overalls from 12-3pm and get in FREE. It’s also kids day so all kids 12 and under are FREE. And they also do $35.00 for a wristband of unlimited carnival rides.
Half-price general admission. Plus: Carnival Special is half off ticket redemption – that’s half the number of tickets, same amount of fun! Valid 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Half-price general admission. Plus: Carnival Special is half off ticket redemption – that’s half the number of tickets, same amount of fun! Or, get a $35 unlimited ride wristband. Valid 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
My absolute favorite thing at the fair is watching Mark Yuzuik preform. He is a hypnotist and comedian and I swear I have never laughed harder in my life! Last year we tried to watch my daughter got bored with him so this year we might come back for a date night or maybe she’s old enough now to gather his humor! If you get a chance make sure you find him and watch it! TOO GOOD TO MISS! We will be going tomorrow July 18th for the “we care Wednesday” around 2pm (It ends at 3pm) and we are donating for the new school supply cause. They need new school supplies valued at $5 or more, such as pens, pencils, crayons, notebooks. Here’s what’s on my agenda
1. The kids want to see the animals of course! Cows. pigs, sheep, chickens and pony rides.
2. ICE CREAM
3. Greek food. It’s my absolute fav
4. Mark Yuzuik on stage or the dancers and the music for the kids.
5. A few carnival rides but only because they will beg me!
6. Fried Pickles (OMG SO GOOD)
7. #myfairselfie – It’s new this year and of course we will go inside and take a selfie! I’ll be posting everything to Instagram @thatocmomlife
8. The Rainforest experience – This is also new this year!Bugs, insects, butterflies and everything in a rainforest that the kids will LOVE
9. To end the night we will watch the Magic of Frank Thurston! He performs daily on the Explorium Stage at 2, 4 and 7:30 pm.
If you want to join me – I will see you there! Otherwise, follow my stories on Instagram tomorrow for live videos of the whole trip! You can pretend you are there and save a headache! Or maybe you will love it and want to take your kiddos too! xox- Meg