I saw this conversation on a facebook group I am in, and instantly got excited! First of all I love giving experiences over things any day and secondly I have never been a fan of giving money or generic gift cards because I think it takes the thought away from giving and the whole meaning in the first place. I consider myself a “good gift giver” and I always think about what the person would want and genuinely try to pick something I think they would enjoy.
That being said an experience of any kind will last forever in your memories and is much more valuable than anything material you can ever purchase so I think this is such a great theme for a family gift exchange. I decided to blog about it because it seems not many people had a lot of ideas for experiences under $100.00 and I had hundreds of ideas flooding through my brain! I will categorize here based on age group and the price to make it easy!
** Also all of my suggestions are based either in or very close to Newport Beach California.
For families with young kids:
1. Segerstrom of the arts family pass- Did you know you can get a family pass for an amazing price and take the kids to learn and have fun at the same time! Learn More
2. Pretend City tickets- Because every kid under 6 loves this place and you can get a one day pass or a season pass depending on your budget! Learn more
3. Long beach aquarium– They have so many parent and me classes that a lot of people don’t know about! Give them a gift card or buy a membership so they can go frequently. Learn more
4. Big Edwards cinemas – an Easy low budget gift for families that they are sure to use with the kids! You can even make a basket and add candy and treats to take with them. Learn More
5.Sprinkles Ice-Cream- For a low budget gift why not get a gift card for ice cream and cupcakes?! This ensures that you will take your kids out for a special treat and no matter how close to home or how often you go, it’s always memorable and fun for the kids!
1. Tavern+Bowl – Teenagers love to come here for the bowling and the good music! Give them a gift card to come for a night with friends or with family! Learn more
2. Concert Tickets- Irvine amphitheater has re-opened and they have amazing shows that are local and super close to home! Tickets start as low as $25 each! Learn more
3. Timree Paint Studio- Timree has several teenager workshops and art is so good for the soul! Buy them a gift card to paint at the after-school classes with other teens or just a regular session! – Learn more
4. Sailing Class- How cool to get them a gift card to learn to sail! If they already sail, you can still get them gift cards as the classes offer all levels! -Learn more
5. Guitar Lessons – Fun and easy and right by fashion island! for beginners up to advanced .. learning a new skill especially music is an experience to never forget! – Learn more
1. Cooking Class – for just $45 per person you can buy cooking classes and learn something new together at Sur La Tab! Learn more
2. Dance Class – Learn to dance together at this new and fun studio off Bristol! Designed for adults only this studio is a perfect date night! Learn more
3. Soulcycle- my husband I actually did this for a Sunday morning date to mix things up and the music and energy is so good it’s like going to a club without alcohol and burning calories! Classes are $35 PP. Learn more
4. Wine Tasting- Laguna Vineyards has won OC’s best wine tasting awards and you can get a gift card for just about anything! Dinner, cheese plates, wine tastings and more.. Learn more
5. Javier’s- I don’t know anybody who doesn’t love Javier’s and a gift card here ensures an amazing date night with good food, amazing drinks and lots of good vibes!
For HER (girlfriends, moms, sisters, co-workers):
1. Charity walk/run- These are so fun to do and if you look online you can find something that is coming up that you are interested in supporting. If you enter your friend as a gift I would also buy a cute shirt to go with it and make sure you buy yourself one too so you can participate together!
2. Spa Gregories- A gift card here is perfect for massages, facials or spa pedicures! –Learn more
3. Resort at Pelican Hill – A gift card here can be used for a spa day or at one of the restaurants. They also have a really good tea time brunch that would be really fun to do together. -Learn more
4. Dry Bar – This gift is only $40.00 and every women i know loves a good shampoo and blowdry!5.
For HIM (friends, brothers, co-workers, dads):
1. Fishing Trip – Right out of newport beach and half day trip starts at just $49.50! -Learn More
2. Scuba Dive Trip- If they are certified to dive a two day weekend away is the perfect gift! Boats leave out of long beach and go for 2 nights with 5 different dives on the liveaboard boat. – Learn More
3. Pelican Hill Golf Club – A round of golf here is beautiful and a world-class experience with incredible ocean views! There are two courses and you can buy a round of golf or even lessons if they are new to the sport. Learn more
4. Snowboard pass- Get a local pass to Big Bear for a day of snowboarding. He can drive up when the next fresh snow falls this season! -Learn More
5. Guys weekend away- If you have a little more budget to spend get him two nights away in Palm Springs or Las Vegas. If the room is paid for and the weekend is booked he can invite his buddies later and they won’t have to pay anything! Example: you can get two nights at the Wynn in January Friday-Sunday for just $179 per night. (learn more)
For elderly 65+
- Duffy Boat Cruise – Buy a gift card for a Duffy boat cruise! This is a great sunset cruise to drive around the harbor. You can buy gift cards right through their website and 1 hour cruises start at just $85.00 -Learn More
2. Segerstrom Hall Tickets – Every month they have different musicals, concerts, and plays! A gift card here is a perfect gift and a wonderful experience. -Learn More
3. Workout Class – Register them for a fun class at the Oasis Center! They have so many activities. – Learn More
4. Photography Class- This is a fun thing to learn at any age and there is always room for improvement! Classes start at just $149.00 and it could turn into a fun new hobby. -Learn More
Did i forget anyone!? Do you have something to add that i forgot? If so please send me a direct message and I’m happy to add it in the post! If you liked what you read please share it!!