What you need before you get started:
- A few towels
- A brush, preferably with metal bristles. The metal brushes work better on the plastic doll hair.
- A bucket
- Fabric Softener
- Warm Water
- ( Your doll of course)
- Add 1/2 cup of fabric softener to a bowl.
- Add 2 cups of warm water to dilute the mixture.
- Soak the dolls hair for 15-20 minutes avoiding the root area. If you get the plastic scalp wet it can loosen the hair from the follicles and the dolls hair can start to fall out. However my daughter gets her dolls hair wet all of the time and this has yet to happen! I would just take precaution if you have an expensive or special doll.
4. Remove the dolls hair from the mixture and towel dry. (Do not rinse)
5. Starting at the bottom, get a very small section about 1/4 of an inch and brush it through. Keep adding very small sections and brush it through.
- The key is brushing it out a little bit at a time. It seems time consuming at first and one would want to grab a large section to finish faster.
- However if you do it correctly, your doll will have smooth manageable hair in no time!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog for updates on more DIY and other fun Orange County activities for kids! – Cheers Megan