10 ways to use sesame oil in your daily beauty routine. Sesame oil has been used for centuries and is known in The Tridosha Theory of Ayurveda.
After reading an amazing book called Radiant Health and Ageless Beauty by Dr Christine Horner, I started using sesame oil in my daily routine. I then started seeing amazing results and realized this was definitely something I wanted to share on my blog!
Below you’ll find 10 ways to use sesame oil in your daily beauty routine, why it’s so amazing and where you can get it for under $25.00!
Disclaimer: thatocmomlife is not making any guarantees or promises regarding the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information presented. This blog contains my opinions and doesn’t reflect the opinions of any organizations I might be affiliated with. I was compensated for this post. This post also contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
10 ways to use it in your daily routine
- Use sesame oil to remove your eye make-up before bed. I like to dab a small amount on a wet cotton swab and it works amazing!
2. Use as an under eye cream before applying your make-up. Sesame oil has strong anti inflammatory properties and is known to reduce swelling and puffiness under the eyes.
3. Use as a daily moisturizer. Sesame oil contains sesamol and sesaminol, two antioxidants that may have powerful effects on your health (2Trusted Source). By massaging it onto your skin you reap the benefits.
4. Add a TBLS t your morning smoothie. Sesame oil comprises 82% unsaturated fatty acids, and research shows those fatty acids are so good for your heart and will lower cholesterol and triglycerides. (4)
5. Use sesame oil in your hair before you do your blowdry! Compounds in this oil may increase hair shine and strength. An eight-week study found that taking supplements consisting of sesamin and vitamin E daily enhanced hair strength and shine (28Trusted Source).
6. Massage in your temples before you go to sleep. One study showed that dripping sesame oil on the foreheads of 20 participants during seven, 30-minute sessions over a 2-week period improved sleep quality and quality of life, compared with a placebo treatment (26Trusted Source).
7. Add it in your diet! The easiest way I found is to use it when I make salad dressing in place of olive oil. It has a rich nutty taste and makes for an amazing dressing.
8. Use it to heal cuts, scrapes or burns. Most of the studies I found out there have been performed on rats and mice so we are lacking results with western medicine research but in Ayurvedic medicine this is the oil they have used for centuries.
9. Use sesame oil on Pregnant tummies to prevent stretch marks. It is said to help the skin produce collagen and leaves your skin so soft and smooth without being oily.
10. Massage before you do morning yoga. In the book I read “Radiant Health” Dr Horner suggests that you use this in your daily routine especially before morning yoga. massage it all over your body to release skin impurities, and while your body heats up during your yoga practice, it increases circulation and is a means of further purification.
Where to buy sesame oil?
One of the best parts about this oil is that you can purchase it almost anywhere! Make sure you get 100 percent organic and pure sesame oil since it will be absorbed into your skin.
Here are a few of my favorites:
1. Organic Sesame oil from Sprouts
My famous salad dressing recipe
This is a very easy dressing to make yet so popular among my friends family and neighbors!
In a small dish combine the following:
- TBS sesame oil
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- 1 TBS Red wine Vinegar
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 TEAS course sea salt
- 1 TEAS black pepper
- dash of garlic powder
- pinch of extra fine chopped cilantro
Let this sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to marinate and then stir and pour over your salad. ( it doesn’t really work for a side dressing it should be poured on the salad and tossed so it covers each and every bite. If you have a big salad make double dressing.
- Also, my salad of choice with this dressing is organic arugula, topped with tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and thick grated parmesan cheese.The arugula is a little spicy so this acidic dressing is the perfect match!
Sign up for our Newsletter
Get recent articles and OC activities straight to your inbox!
multi-tasking at it’s finest! Let’s work out and have a party! 2020 has sure brought a lot of changes to our life and it’s especiallyRead More
Orange County United Way, a local nonprofit, does so much for community! I first learned of the organization years ago when an old colleague ofRead More